The Wonderful Company is investing $450,000 to help grow a beautiful world. We’re launching this initiative in the Central Valley communities of Avenal, Wasco and Sanger/Del Rey, inviting area nonprofits to apply for grants at the $10,000, $25,000 and $50,000 level.
Wonderful Community Grants will help organizations stretch and have bigger impact in Avenal, Wasco and Sanger/Del Rey – three cities where a large number of Wonderful Company employees live.
Organizations based outside these cities may apply as long as proposed projects directly and exclusively benefit Avenal, Wasco or Sanger/Del Rey.
Wonderful Community Grants will support game-changing work across all program areas, and we especially encourage initiatives that support:
- Health and wellness
- Community beautification
- Supporting families
Successful applications will demonstrate community need, and yield tangible and visible results. Funds are available for program development/expansion, innovation, technology and equipment.
In 2017, we will award up to $150,000 to Avenal, Wasco and Sanger/Del Rey for a total of up to $450,000. Grant period is Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2017, and grants will be given at three levels:
$10,000: Up to five (5) grants each in Avenal, Wasco and Sanger/Del Rey (total of fifteen (15) available awards)
- $25,000: Two (2) grants each in Avenal, Wasco and Sanger/Del Rey (total of six (6) available awards)
- $50,000: One (1) grant each in Avenal, Wasco and Sanger/Del Rey (total of three (3) available awards)
Attend one of our in-person Information Sessions to meet the team, learn more and ask questions!
Sanger/Del Rey Information Session
July 12, 10:00 – 11:00am
Sanger Youth Center
818 L St.,
Sanger, CA 93657
Avenal Information Session
July 20, 2:30 – 3:30pm
Avenal Recreation Center
717 E. Monterey St.,
Avenal, CA 93204
Wasco Information Session
July 26, 10:00 – 11:00am
Wasco City Hall
746 8th St.,
Wasco, CA 93280
Successful applicants will be:
Nonprofit 501(c) 3 organizations (excluding schools, which should instead apply for our Wonderful Education School Grants), local government agencies, or faith-based organizations (provided the project has a secular purpose and no religious content), which demonstrate:
- Community need
- History of and/or commitment to working in Avenal, Wasco and Sanger/Del Rey
- Logical, reasonable and measurable goals, objectives, outcomes and evaluation methods
- Feasibility and capacity to complete project within the one-year grant period (Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2017), including timeline and budget
- Sustainability of the project after the grant period
2016 application now closed.
Please check back in summer 2017 for our next grant cycle.
Thank you for the interest.